- 1 cup of Shanaga papu(channa dal)
- 1/2 cup of grated bellam (or) sugar
- 1 cup maida
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 4-5 cinnamon(elachi)
- 1 cup water
- Take channa dal along with water and pressure cook it till the dal is very soft.
- Grate the bellam ,keep the flame to slow and add the grated bellam to the chana dal and start mixing it.
- The bellam (or) sugar starts melting and becomes a paste.
- Grind the elachi and sprinkle the powder into the mixture. Let it cook for some time and remove it from flame. Let it cool.
- Make small balls of it.
- In a bowl mix maida and wheat flour with sufficient water and make to a soft dough.Make small balls of the dough for pressing into a puri.
- Now take a plastic sheet and grease it with oil and press the maida ball into a puri with hands slowly.In the middle of the puri place the bellam pakkam ball and cover it on all sides with maida.Now evenly press the ball into a circular shape.
- Heat a pan and place this bhaksha and let it cook with some ghee added along the sides of the pan.
- Serve with ghee.